Well, it's post-christmas right now and less than a week to a brand new year.
A new chapter is unfolding in front of me, with many possibilities and outcomes that remains a mystery.
As I read through my facebook feeds to see what my juniors and peers are up to these days, it occurred to me that I could have done many things much better and put in much more effort in whatever task that I was given.
Maybe I still wouldn't have passed my exams, maybe I would still be a nobody in school, but at least I tried to manage my time better. Seeing people with achievements in both cca and academics are people who I'd admire and respect the most, because I can't even have any breakthroughs in any of those.
Well, maybe it's just that I'm not cut out for this path of education, and hence I surrender and shall not go on rambling about my low self-esteem and so on.
With the year coming to a close, everywhere on the net has this "Year in review" stuff, like Youtube, Facebook(which shows photos of yourself suddenly appearing on the feed).
Well it's gonna be an emo post if I were to do a year in review, considering how much jc life has tortured my physical and mental self dealing with the mentalities of the people in there.
So, I shall do it a different way.
Presenting to you, friends in review.
I don't know what made me start this, but it occurred to me one day (while being angry with some friends over some issues) that many people have their own way of handling issues, and apparently different groups of friends have different thinkings as well.
I went to a primary school class chalet recently it's been so long since we last met like such a big group of nearly 20 ppl considering that it was primary school classmates for that matter. After four years of secondary school, and yet another two years of jc/poly it feels great that we're still bonded as a class.
Maybe it's because of this bonded feeling that led me to understand more about classmates and friendships which were not so evident in the later part of my education life.
Well, 6 years, being in different schools, friends become more distant due to the busy timetables and coping with academics, but there still lies a foundation of friendship.
Then in xinmin, I remember one of my teachers saying "Your friends in secondary school are most likely to be your friends for life". At that point, I didn't really believe her because I just didnt believe it (Simple reason, isn't it).
After graduating, everyone split ways, then that's when I realised that sentence was so true.
Back then when there wasn't technology advancements like whatsapp and line, where everyone did not have access to the web through their phones, or through stealing the school's wifi, it was unthinkable to have long friendships cause you wouldn't text each of your friends every single day unless you had unlimited smses for that matter.
True enough, after secondary school, I finally got a mobile data plan and everyone gradually had phones that could connect to wifi networks, and with the rising of communication applications like line, and probably the rising use of facebook, we frequently met up and we often start ramblings on those applications. Probably because the internet is so accessible these days, it ain't that difficult to get everyone together. Random outings, or just lunch chitchats, are things that probably kept me going during this two years, and of course the moral support given by them through messages, cards, and LINE messages. I probably wrote it many times in the cards I gave out, but once again, thanks for all the things you girls have done for me throughout the two grueling years.
And then it comes to friends in jc life, be it from class or from cca, I realised they are somewhat different as compared to the friends I've made back in xinmin and pps. It's a long story of comparison, but to make it simple, it's just their ideals that are different, and till now I'm still not accustomed to their way of doing things.
Maybe it's because in jc everyone puts their priorities in academics and wouldn't bother about making true friends, but friends with benefits instead. Maybe they don't really treasure friendship in this stage of education, because the issue of celebrations have been more problematic than before, and gifts are on par with that. With the progression into jc, I got more allowance, but as the usual spender, I should have saved more than before, but I seem to be poorer than before what an irony this is. It's the way the people in jc handle money issues that have changed the way I spend these days and maybe it's time I revert back to my old self of spending less and saving more since jc has ended. It's time to start going on budget mode and avoiding places like manhattan or fast foods for a period of time, for my wallet to recuperate.
Right now, it's been a good break resting at home, clearing some old stuff and recollecting the past at the same time. I'm gonna start work soon, to earn some cash to inject into my bank!
Before I end, here's one great song from the latest Disney movie, Frozen.
Till we meet again, Jingyi
