Okay I'm not going to start quoting the entire lyric from Adele's latest song which has been appearing everywhere.
After finishing my blogging assignments from the various modules this semester, it's probably time to give some teeny weeny attention to my ranting hole over here. Okay wait, it's not a ranting hole, it's an... expression bubble I shall call it that.

I don't know why but after all these years I'm just stuck with a persistent problem. And as a university undergraduate and someone majoring in communication, it bugs me quite a bit.
I think for quite a few of my modules thus far, we've been taught that there's probably nothing like ONE and only definition to something. Tell this to someone who has been stuck here together in this education system with me, and you'll probably get a somewhat strong rebuttal like, "No, there's only one answer, and the answer is this this this".
True enough, I grew up with thoughts like this pretty much most of my lifetime here on Earth, here in the tiny red dot that I call home. But in recent years, I started noticing the fellow beings here with me, and kinda finally get what my professors have been telling me. And then the thought comes to me, "What was I doing with my brain all these years?"
Definitions, to put it simply, it's just what you think of a certain word, phrase, behaviour, action, and the list goes on. Taking reference from an assignment I did this semester, let's take violence for example. Your definition of violence may be different from mine, and my definition may be different from the theorist's definition. We may include, or omit some things that we do not deem fit for the particular word or action that we observe.
True enough, I grew up with thoughts like this pretty much most of my lifetime here on Earth, here in the tiny red dot that I call home. But in recent years, I started noticing the fellow beings here with me, and kinda finally get what my professors have been telling me. And then the thought comes to me, "What was I doing with my brain all these years?"
Definitions, to put it simply, it's just what you think of a certain word, phrase, behaviour, action, and the list goes on. Taking reference from an assignment I did this semester, let's take violence for example. Your definition of violence may be different from mine, and my definition may be different from the theorist's definition. We may include, or omit some things that we do not deem fit for the particular word or action that we observe.
And that being said, people actually do give different definitions of the same thing in different scenarios. And that bugs me consistently because if you yourself have differing definitions on the same thing, there's a barrier in communicating. I wouldn't know if you're okay with this in this scenario, or that in another scenario. Or you may just give me a wild surprise by reacting something totally different.
I'm really tired of this trying to understand people "game" as I call it, it's not that I treat people as games, but sometimes you have to pass through levels and levels to get to know someone, and if you fail you probably distance yourself away and then #nolongerfriends as a possible outcome?
And there are also times where you think you probably know-it-all and then gets thrown off by surprise and then things turn out really awkward, frustrating, and maybe ugly (one-sided cause the other party probably doesn't even think it is ugly)
I'm really tired of this trying to understand people "game" as I call it, it's not that I treat people as games, but sometimes you have to pass through levels and levels to get to know someone, and if you fail you probably distance yourself away and then #nolongerfriends as a possible outcome?
And there are also times where you think you probably know-it-all and then gets thrown off by surprise and then things turn out really awkward, frustrating, and maybe ugly (one-sided cause the other party probably doesn't even think it is ugly)
It's as though academics are not worrying enough to handle, I mean like that shouldn't be the forever aim in my life, but life has it that academics play somewhat a determining role. But then why do I have to try to analyse people and try to work my way around with them? What do I do with people who are on extremes at times but close at times. And then get myself hurt emotionally and mentally because I'm just stuck and lost on how to continue further while the other person probably thinks life is as usual.
Maybe I didn't define myself well enough, maybe I gave off a wrong impression, maybe I'm overthinking (judging by the number of times it has happened, I don't think it's my problem already though), maybe it's just sudden incompatibility. Maybe.... people just change instantly.
Maybe I didn't define myself well enough, maybe I gave off a wrong impression, maybe I'm overthinking (judging by the number of times it has happened, I don't think it's my problem already though), maybe it's just sudden incompatibility. Maybe.... people just change instantly.
It's an issue that I constantly face, which keeps me thinking in and out, day and night, sometimes really getting very annoyed but just trying to sound nice, be nice, and not ruining the relationship that was probably rather stable? Can't guarantee for the future, but I'm just in the I-dont-know-what-you're-thinking-really state of mind currently.

Think I'm wandering off too much into negativity again, maybe I should stop,
but I seriously hope people can be more considerate of others' feelings, others' intentions before saying or doing anything. Sometimes what you deem appropriate isn't appropriate in the eyes of another?
Like the old time saying: "One man's meat is another man's poison"
And this has something to do with being understanding, listening, and considerate for others. For all you know, you might just be that someone that your friends, peers are referring to. (Being truthful and honest here) They probably won't show it, I probably won't show it either, but that doesn't mean that what you're doing is right, what you're saying is right either? No confrontation =/= no disagreement, that's another key thing I've come to learn of actually. But the point of this post still lies pretty much about being consistent with your own definitions haha.
Like the old time saying: "One man's meat is another man's poison"
And this has something to do with being understanding, listening, and considerate for others. For all you know, you might just be that someone that your friends, peers are referring to. (Being truthful and honest here) They probably won't show it, I probably won't show it either, but that doesn't mean that what you're doing is right, what you're saying is right either? No confrontation =/= no disagreement, that's another key thing I've come to learn of actually. But the point of this post still lies pretty much about being consistent with your own definitions haha.
That's all for now, I might be coming up with more posts recently while I'm still freeeee (not for long) maybe in Chinese I don't really know.
May the force be with me.
Jingyi
